MICHAEL LUCARIELLO, CPSM, ITIL
-STRATEGIC SOURCING AND VENDOR MANAGEMENT-
Drove savings through procurement category planning, strategic sourcing, competitive bidding, contract negotiation and vendor management. Negotiated annual service contracts and fixed price construction contracts. Reduced total cost of ownership utilizing Team building skills, monitoring key performance indicators and pursuing continuous improvement goals. Assigned commodities included: professional services, facility services, IT support and supply chain requirements. Made award recommendations, mitigated compliance risks and managed annual spends of approximately $50 million.
PSEG SERVICES CORPORATION, Newark, New Jersey 2013-2016
Procurement Category Sourcing Lead; indirect services and supply chain support
Sourced, negotiated and recommended awards for time and material engineering contracts totaling $12 MM using standardized skill sets and job descriptions. Negotiated fixed price construction contracts of $15 MM each with detailed specifications, staffing plans and progress payments. Annual service agreements negotiated included maintenance for critical rotating equipment. Initiated category management strategies to align with internal customers and improve service.
THE GREAT ATLANTIC & PACIFIC TEA COMPANY, Montvale, New Jersey 2013-2013
Senior Indirect Procurement Manager; indirect services
Responsible for indirect services and supplies of $60 million. Supported IT, Pharmacy, Marketing and Facility groups.
Negotiated $200k in prompt pay discounts. Researched service options to support company’s efforts to remain solvent.
* $1MM save on incremental print by bidding annual requirements with a la carte pricing.
* Sourced audit services for gain share agreements to reduce freight costs and resolve outstanding account receivables.
* Negotiated software contract for store casting service and re-negotiated software maintenance on existing contracts.
HCMWORKS, Inc. - Indirect Procurement Consultants; assigned to THE DANNON COMPANY, INC.
White Plains, New York 2012-2013
Senior Indirect Sourcing Manager; indirect services and logistics support
Initiated strategic sourcing methodologies to leverage spend and source an indirect supply base to deliver cost optimization and value generation. Categories sourced and managed included: warehouse services, professional services, staffing agencies, operating supplies, benefit services, electricity, travel services, telecommunication services and liquid nitrogen.
* Negotiated over $2 million in cost reductions for various indirect services and cold storage.
* Outsourced desktop tier one support, telecom management services and facility management services.
CITIBANK, N.A., Long Island City, New York 2003-2012
Sourcing Manager; high value capital equipment 2010-2012
IT Procurement Specialist; application services and software 2006-2010
Vendor Manager; contract compliance and supplier management 2003-2006
* Procured IT professional services (application development) and managed RFPs for networks, servers and software.
* Negotiated over $2 million in cost reductions and improved service for on-site hardware maintenance of print production
equipment through needs analysis, cost analysis, supplier negotiations and process re-engineering.
* Lead the initiative to procure and implement a managed service provider and vendor software solution to acquire
contingent workers. Established metrics for demand management and moved selected tenured contingent workers to
a lower cost payroll provider saving over $1 million annually.
* Saved $900k in software maintenance by cancelling or transferring unused licenses re-negotiating maintenance pricing.
* Outsourced on-site reprographic and mailroom services for a satellite facility.
* Obtained cost avoidances optimizing contract terms, reducing rogue spend and minimizing waste.
MICHAEL LUCARIELLO, CPSM, ITIL
NEW YORK CITY SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION AUTHORITY, Long Island City, New York 2000-2003
Senior Contract Negotiator; construction services; architectural, design and engineering services
Managed supplier projects totaling $100 million annually. Sourced suppliers, prepared RFPs and decision matrices (i.e., pricing and supplier capabilities) to evaluate and rank supplier bids for technical and construction services.
* Teamed with engineering to prepare statements of work and amendments to address scope, funding or extensions.
Negotiated pricing and contract terms. Prepared justification requests to senior management.
* Contributed to the on time delivery of construction projects within budget for numerous projects.
* Organized and facilitated comprehensive supplier qualification reviews for architecture, engineering, construction
management and consulting services.
* Provided forensic accounting support to the legal department when requested during fact finding and pre-litigation
initiatives. Investigated payment discrepancies and validated completion of project milestones.
SONY ELECTRONICS INC., Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey 1995-2000
Buyer; indirect services; facilities and real estate services
Analyzed high spend commodities and services to target cost reduction initiatives. Drafted requests for proposal, selected bidders, prepared bid summaries, negotiated with supplies and finalized contracts for; cafeteria service, travel services, computer hardware/software, consultants, security, janitorial services, landscaping and construction projects.
* Sourced general contracting services, HVAC, electrical and mill work for store renovations.
* Provided internal customers with web-based surveys to monitor supplier performance.
* Instituted on-line ordering for printing services, including collaborating with supplier to develop a web site to reduce
order placement costs and shorten lead times.
* Negotiated rebates based upon sales volumes into existing print agreements that allowed for continued competitive
bidding while providing additional cost saving.
* Consolidated supplier billings for repetitively ordered supplies into monthly summary invoices that resulted in
paperwork reductions and lowered invoice processing costs.
ITT INDUSTRIES [Exelis], Clifton, New Jersey 1986-1995
* Supplier Quality Administrator, Supplier Quality Assurance Department
* Buyer, Purchasing Department; build to print mechanical assemblies
* Supplier Quality Control Engineer, Supplier Quality Assurance Department
* Proposal Cost Estimator, Procurement Department
LOCKHEED ELECTRONICS COMPANY, INC., Plainfield, New Jersey 1985-1986
Subcontract Cost Analyst, Procurement Department
WILLIAM PATERSON UNIVERSITY, Wayne, New Jersey
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
* July 2008, ITIL Foundation Certificate in Information Technology Service Management
* April 2011, obtained Certified Professional Supply Management certification